Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

COMPROMISE


One August evening,
Amongst –
Ladies and gentlemen,
Of –
A great esteem;
I –
Set at auction;
My –
Soul and dreams.

Eye brows got raised,
Vibrating –
Love and hate;
Resonating –
Deliberation and haste;
Shaking –
Frames above waist,
They added –
Only confusion to my mental state.

Some called their bid,
With –
Offers so insipid;
Others –
Merely talked hybrid;
Some-
Of the cost cribbed;
Faulting –
My make and build.

As a motion less hill,
With –
Only isolation and chill ,
With –
Self generated frills,
I –
Thought of the principles,
My –
Mind possessed still.

Rigid in emotions,
With –
Cries of value –erosion,
I –
Created a commotion,
Halting –
An old man’s motion,
Who –
Prescribed me a lotion.

‘Compromise in life’
He shot –
“Between ‘truth and lies’,
Amongst –
‘Sects and tribes’
Between –
Husband and wife
Brings –
End to all strife”.

Caring his advice,
Shedding –
All emotional disguise,
With –
Lowering of price,
Once more –
I threw the dice,
And
My boss got enticed.

Faces grew pale,
Amidst –
An emotional gale,
With
Cries, sobs and wails,
But –
The deal I hailed,
As –
‘Reality’ over ‘Idealism’ prevailed.

No comments: