Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

AN ODE TO MY MOTHER!

I know not, where you have gone, my great mother?
I have images in my memory of our existence together;
You were goddess to me as all mothers are to their sons,
And you bestowed on me your love and affection, in tons.

O' Ma, your strong resolve and tons of patience,
Your melodious voice with words condensed-
Could make iron-rods bend and shake mountains,
For, excelling in self-belief, you personified action.

Who cares if they say you had no formal education ?
Isn't it enough you taught me how to stand on my own?
I do remember how you goaded me to take my first stride?
And you also did teach me how to walk with my head high.

You were not only my teacher but philosopher too,
"Do this", if you commanded, could I defy you?
You were my world and every thing within it,
Your sudden departure has rendered me unfit.

How would this world be without you, O' Ma?
I never did imagine the drudgery of this trauma;
Now when you have gone into your heavenly abode-
I can only cry looking at these evil-soaked gods?

Must say, you did try your best to make me worldly wise-
Of scheming and hungry sharks in the family and outside;
At times, I got angry at repititive doses of moral lectures,
Patiently you absorbed my non-sense without any strictures.

What ever I am today, I owe it to you ,my mother dear!
You gave me such a character that I have nothing to fear;
You not only stood by truth but also lived by it every inch-
If you made a promise of any sort, you had never flinched.

No comments: