Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

SPECTACLE OF TIMES!





My blood boiled on every issue for, hot-blooded I was in my prime,
Advancing age has mellowed me down and life has lost its shine.


Who shall I narrate my tale of woe, when emptiness keeps me company?
There was time when world bowed before me, now, who cares for me?


Alas! I wasred my happy moments of 'present times', worrying for 'tomorrow';
'Tomorrow' never came but life, at the mercy of others, is a bundle of sorrows.


There was time when people who had world at their feet, they felt shy of me;
And even those who claimed to be merchants of death, seeing me would flee.


Even the pages pf History do narrate to us an interesting episode!
Great ARJUNA and his GANDEEV were beaten by small time kids.

It is a spectacle of times "RAJEE", happy moments,once gone, never again arrive;
O,I've seen powerful men in their prime, crying in the closing years of life!

No comments: